Discover the Best Way to Rehydrate and Clean Mushrooms
Take one package of our premium, high-quality dried mushrooms (Chanterelle or Morel)
1. Place dehydrated mushrooms into a pan or bowl.
2. Add enough warm water to cover the mushrooms.
(optional) add a dash of salt.
3. Soak for 10-15 min, drain and rinse.
Pat mushrooms dry. Trim ends of stems if necessary. Slice mushrooms lengthwise in half, or quarter large mushrooms.
Trick: Drain the water through a filter, and set the water aside and throw out the filter. You now have mushroom stock that can be added to soups or sauces.
How can we cook dried chanterelles?
- 1 20gm pkg Boreal Heartland Golden Chanterelle mushrooms
- 2 tblsp butter, margarine or oil
- 1 tsp garlic seasoning, or a Boreal Heartland Seasoning of your choice.
In a 12” skillet melt butter, margarine or oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown, gently stirring occasionally. Serve warm as a side dish, over top of potatoes or meat.
Use the mushroom stock and Boreal Heartlands Sweet Gale seasoning to create a gravy to add on top.