Why stock our products? Because we fulfill your customers' desires. Our products are functional, natural, ethical and sustainable, Indigenous, local/Canadian, and support Canadian communities. Be the source everyone is talking about.
Peter Gosselin, International Sales Manager
Krista Anderson, Sales and Marketing
Retailers & Distributors
Customers are attracted by our packaging, buy for the unique experience, and keep coming back for the great taste and healthy feeling.
Our products align with customer desires, not as a gimmick, but because it’s who we are. Boreal Heartland ingredients have health benefits, are 100% wild crafted (all natural), are guaranteed to originate from Northern Saskatchewan (local/Canadian) and are guaranteed to be harvested in a sustainable and culturally appropriate manner.
Our prices may be higher but the bulk of it goes to paying harvesters a fair wage for their work.
Boreal Heartland’s vision is to 1) increase employment opportunities in an economy with only 38% employment 2) utilize the specialized knowledge and skills of the northern community 3) show that the forest is valuable for more than just logging. We support the Northern Lifestyle.
• Free shipping on wholesale orders of $300 or more
• Store display material
• Help where you need it. Just ask!
Our products sell fast in:
• Grocery and Specialty Food stores
• Health stores
• Boutique and gift shops
• Canadian and Indigenous themed locations
• Click for list of current retailers
Contact Peter Gosselin or the office (top of page) for more details. We’d love to work with you!
Scroll down for a list of regularly stocked herbs.
We stock large volumes of dried herbs and some frozen berries that are not listed on our retail website. We easily fulfill small (1-2 lbs) and medium (10-50 lbs) sized orders. With a pre-order we can supply 100s or 1000s of pounds (the weather and plants permitting). We are committed to sustainable and culturally appropriate harvest practices and will refrain from harvests that risk environmental integrity or the socio-economic well-being of our community. We will communicate throughout the process, so you are able to plan. Our herbs come with a story that resonates with consumers.
Contact Peter Gosselin or the office (top of page) for more details. Scroll down for a list of regularly stocked herbs.
We have supplied to:
• Lucas Meyers Cosmetics (look for the Canadian Willowherb ingredient)
• Micro Breweries – northern plants have a long history of making tasty beer
• Big and small herb distribution companies
Have an odd request? We’ll work to make it happen. Contact Peter Gosselin or the office (top of page).
• Corporate gifting
• Subscription boxes
• Plants currently not in stock
Complete list of products
Retail Ready products:
• Teas - Restoration, Relaxation, Energization and Labrador Tea – 100% boreal plants
• Dehydrated golden chanterelles – guaranteed Northern Saskatchewan origin
• Firestix – all natural spruce bark and gum fire starter
• Herb packets (20g)
Regularly Stocked herbs - If you don't see it on the list and it grows in the boreal we can get it for you.
• Balsam Poplar Buds (Populus balsamifera)
• Bearberry Leaves (Uva ursi)
• Birch Bark (Betula papyrifera)
• Birch Leaves (Betula papyrifera)
• Birch Polypore (Piptoporus betulinus)
• Black Spruce Bark (Picea mariana)
• Black Spruce Pitch (Picea mariana)
• Blueberry leaves (Vaccinium angustifolium)
• Chanterelles - dehyrdated
• Cranberry - High bush (frozen)(Viburnum trilobum)
• Cranberry - Low bush/lingonberry (frozen)
• Fireweed (Chamaenerium angustifolium)
• Goldenrod (Solidago canadensis)
• Hoof Fungus (Fomes fomentarius)
• Horsetail (Equisetum pratense)
• Juniper Berries (Juniperus communis)
• Labrador Tea (Rhododendron groenlandicum)
• Nettle Leaves (Urtica dioica)
• Raspberry Leaves (Rubus leucodermis)
• Rosehips (Rosa spp.)
• Sweet Gale (Myrica gale)
• Wild Mint (Mentha arvensis)
• Wild Sarsaparilla Root (Aralia nudicaulis)
• Willow Bracket Fungus (Phellinus igniarus)
• Yarrow flowers (Achillea millefolium)