Sweet Gale Cookies
Crisp, buttery shortbread scented with the aroma of Sweet Gale are a great introductory way to enjoy the plant. Yield: about 15 cookies
• 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter diced small
• ½ cup all purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons dried Sweet Gale
• Pinch of salt
• 2 Tablespoons maple sugar or brown sugar
1. Combine ingredients and mix into a smooth dough.
2. Form the dough into a log, wrap in cling film and refrigerate overnight, or at least a few hours to hydrate the flour and ensure even cooking. If you haven't refrigerated cookie dough before, trust me, it's worth it.
3. Preheat the oven to 350, cut the cookie log into ¼ inch slices, and bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned, then cool and store at room temperature in a covered container.