Sage Butter Gnocchi
- Package of Gnocchi
- ¼ cup butter
- fresh sage leaves
- 1 Tbsp Chanterelle mushroom/Wild rice powder
- ¼ cup white wine is (optional)
- ¼ c grated Parmesan cheese
1. Boil gnocchi as per package directions or according to recipe for home-made gnocchi, reserving some cooking liquid.
2. Melt ¼ cup butter over medium heat, in a large pan. When butter is melted, add fresh sage leaves (as many as you want). Cook until leaves start to crisp up.
3. Add up to 1 Tbsp Chanterelle mushroom/Wild rice powder and allow to bloom over the heat.
4.Add small amount of cooking liquid and combine to allow thicker sauce to form (up to ¼ cup white wine is optional).
5. Toss in cooked gnocchi over heat, and add ¼ c grated Parmesan cheese plus more to serve. Season to taste and serve.
Tip: Omit sage for mushroom-forward version.