Penne Aglio Olio with Yarrow
• 8 oz dried penne
• 4 tablespoon fresh garlic finely chopped
• Kosher salt
• 4-6 tablespoons cooking oil (extra virgin olive oil, or a milder oil)
• 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
• 1 tsp dried yarrow
• ¼ cup dry white wine
• 4 anchovy filets diced fine, or about 1 Tbsp anchovy paste
• Parmesan for serving
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil and season it with lots of salt. Add the penne and cook until al dente. Reserve some cooking water.
2. While the pasta is cooking, heat the garlic in the pan with the oils and chopped anchovy on low heat until the garlic is fragrant and lightly browned. Do not allow the garlic to burn. Remove the pan from the heat. Off heat, add yarrow and chilli. Add the wine to the pan, plus cooking water, 2-3 Tbsp at a time.
3. When the pasta is done, drain and add to the pan. Toss the pasta to coat with the oil and cook for a minute to evaporate any raw wine flavor.