Chanterelle-Creamed Eggs on a Toasted Avocado Bagel
Chanterelle-Creamed Eggs on a Toasted Avocado Bagel, with Pickled Shallots, Arugula, Parmesan and Lemon
Created by: Chef Michael Beaule
2 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
2 cups heavy cream
1 Tbsp. chanterelle powder
1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
Salt and ground white pepper to taste
1 bagel, cut in half (or toast of your choice)
1 ripe avocado
1 cup baby arugula
Zest of one lemon
2 Tbsp. shaved parmesan
2 shallots, julienned
1 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. sugar, or any other sweetener of your choice
4 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Combine the shallots, butter, sugar, and vinegar in a small pot,
bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer until desired consistency.
- Place whole eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Cover eggs by at least 1”. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let the eggs stand in the hot water for 10 minutes. Remove from the hot water and cool immediately. Ice bath works very well. Peel and chop the eggs.
- Melt butter in saucepan, add flour until it comes together and forms a roux. This should look like a very wet dough. Then slowly add the cream and stir until the sauce comes to a boil.
- Stir the salt, pepper, parsley, and chanterelle powder along with the chopped eggs into the sauce; stir until the eggs are heated. Keep warm.
- Toast and butter bagel halves.
- Slice or mash avocado, place evenly on both bagel halves. Season if desired.
- Top avocado with arugula and pickled shallots. Then top with the creamed egg mixture. Finish with the shaved parmesan and lemon zest.